SynMax Privacy Notice
SynMax (“SynMax”) recognizes that its customers, visitors, users, and others who use www.synmax.com or other web sites owned or operated by SynMax (the “SynMax Sites”) (collectively or individually “Users”) value their privacy. This Privacy Notice details important information regarding the use and disclosure of User information collected on the SynMax Sites. SynMax provides this Privacy Notice to help you make an informed decision about whether to use or continue using the SynMax Sites.
Please read the following carefully in order to understand our practices and policies in connection with your personal information and how it is treated. By visiting our website you are accepting and consenting to the policies described in this Notice. Your use of the SynMax Sites and any personal information you provide on the SynMax Sites remains subject to the terms of this Privacy Notice.
The Information SynMax Collects
- User Provided Information: You provide certain personally identifiable information (such as your name and email address) to SynMax when you use and visit this website or subscribing to newsletters or other mailing lists.
- Cookies Information: When you visit the SynMax Sites, we may send one or more cookies – a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the SynMax Sites may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- Log File Information: When you use the SynMax Sites, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Clear GIFs Information: When you use the SynMax Sites, we may employ “clear GIFs” (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our Users anonymously (i.e., in a non-personally-identifiable manner). In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
The Way SynMax Uses Information
- If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the SynMax Sites, then we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the SynMax Sites.
- We may use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages to inform you of products or services. We may also use your email address and personally identifiable information for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major SynMax Site changes or for customer service purposes).
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the SynMax Sites and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
When SynMax Discloses Information
- We do not share your personally identifiable information (such as name or email address) with other, third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use. We will not sell, rent or license customer lists to third parties.
- We do share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the SynMax Sites.
- We may release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright Law) or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
- The SynMax Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for such policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the SynMax Sites, in which case SynMax may not be able to provide certain services to you.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Please contact SynMax with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, your personal information, your consent, or your opt-in or opt-out choices by emailing [email protected]
Our Commitment to Data Security
SynMax uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to SynMax and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, SynMax makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If SynMax learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. SynMax may post a notice on the SynMax Sites if a security breach occurs.
Our Commitment To Childrens’ Privacy
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, SynMax does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information or non-personally-identifiable information on the SynMax Sites from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our website is directed to persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the SynMax Sites at any time or in any manner. If SynMax learns that personally identifiable information of persons under 13 years of age has been collected on the SynMax Sites without verified parental consent, then SynMax will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
Special Note to International Users
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
In the event that SynMax is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
Changes and Updates to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be revised periodically and this will be reflected by the “effective date” below. Please revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. In general, we only use your personal information in the manner described in the Privacy Notice in effect when we received the personal information you provided. Your continued use of the SynMax Sites constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Notice and any future revisions.
For revisions to this Privacy Notice that may be materially less restrictive on our use or disclosure of the personal information you have already provided to us, we will attempt to obtain your consent before implementing such revisions with respect to such information.
Date Last Modified: This Privacy Notice was last modified May 19, 2021.
Contact Information: Please contact SynMax with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice at [email protected]